Coastal Jazz ranks as one of BC’s largest not-for-profit music presenters. With your generous support, the society produces the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival, the Bright Moments Series, over 260 performances at Frankie’s Jazz Club, as well as other year-round presentations and education programs.
Coastal Jazz strives to create opportunities for jazz, blues, Latin, fusion, and world music to be accessible to everybody. During the festival alone, over half of the shows are free. Coastal Jazz couldn’t provide that level of free programming without the generosity of supporters like you.
Coastal Jazz has a long-standing commitment to music education. This year’s festival continues our tradition of workshops and master classes with local and international artists, and youth music programs. Cypher: Write, Record, Perform continues this year with a pre-professional youth program presented in cooperation with Sarah McLachlan School of Music. Coastal Jazz couldn’t provide educational programming with out the generosity of supporters like you.
COASTAL JAZZ AND BLUES SOCIETY PROVIDES:
- TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival Free Concerts and Workshops: over the 10-day festival Coastal Jazz offers more than half of the 200 concerts free to the public, as well as free workshops at Performance Works and Tom Lee Music.
- Scholarships: Coastal Jazz gives over $10,000 in music scholarships each year to young, emerging artists. Coastal Jazz also provides opportunities for young, emerging artists to perform during the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival on the Sounds of Youth stage.
- Artistic Collaborations: Coastal Jazz organizes and facilitates creative partnerships between international and local jazz artists making Vancouver a centre for creative improvised jazz.
- Artist Residencies: including performances, elementary to university educational workshops and cool school talks for adults.
- Coastal Foundation for the Performing Arts is committed to creating a future for jazz in the Lower Mainland and throughout the province. By donating to the Coastal Foundation for the Performing Arts you are creating a legacy of sustainable funding that will support the future of jazz and its related genres, nurturing emerging artists as they develop and grow their talent.
Impact Report 2019
For more information on our festival and year round programming take a look at our Impact Report.