ABOUT THE ARTIST RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Throughout its history, Coastal Jazz has successfully presented a meaningful balance of musical tradition, innovation and experimentation to connect, transform, inspire and nurture artists and audiences through the joy, passion, and power of jazz.
The Coastal Jazz Artist Residency Program is an opportunity for local, national and international musicians to meaningfully connect with the Vancouver community and beyond, through performances and educational workshops.
A typical Coastal Jazz Artist Residency includes:
- A two night performance at Frankie’s Jazz Club
- One performance in another community, other than Vancouver
- An elementary or secondary school workshop
- A university workshop and one adult workshop
Jazz greats like Harold Mabern, David Hazeltine, Grant Stewart, and the Tony Foster Quartet have all been involved in the Coastal Jazz Artist Residency Program.
Artist Residency Patron Levels:
- Local Artist Residency Patron: $2,500
- National Artist Residency Patron: $6,500
- International Artist Residency Patron: $10,000
All Artist Residency Patron Levels have the opportunity to meet the musician and see them perform, as well as experience one workshop. Partial tax receipts are provided.