Coastal Jazz ranks as BC’s largest not for profit music presenter. With your generous support, the Society produces the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival, the Music Series at the Winterruption Festival on Granville Island, the Bright Moments Series, over 220 performances at Frankie's Jazz Club, and other year-round presentations and education programs.
Coastal Jazz strives to create opportunities for jazz, blues, latin, fusion and world music to be accessible to everybody. During the festival alone, over half of the shows are free. Coastal Jazz couldn’t provide that level of free programing with out the generosity of supporters like you.
Coastal Jazz has a long-standing commitment to music education. Each year, presenting the TD High School Jazz Intensive Program exclusively for high school students, the Sounds of Youth performance stage, over 15 weeks annually of workshops and master classes with local and international artists, and children’s music programs. Coastal Jazz couldn’t provide that level of education programming with out the generosity of supporters like you. Thank you!
Coast Jazz and Blues Society provides:
- TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival Free Concerts and Workshops: over the 10 day festival Coastal Jazz offers more than half of the 200 concerts free to the public, as well as free workshops at Performance Works and Tom Lee Music Store.
- Scholarships: Coastal Jazz gives over $10,000 in music scholarships each year to young, emerging artists. Coastal Jazz also provides opportunities for young, emerging artists to perform during the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival on the Sounds of Youth stage and through the TD High School Jazz Intensive.
- Artistic Collaborations: Coastal Jazz organizes and facilitates creative partnerships between international and local jazz artists making Vancouver a centre for creative improvised jazz.
- Cool School: Get Hip to Jazz: a series of free talks, workshops, and clinics with touring musicians at Frankie’s Jazz Club.
- Artist Residencies: including performances, elementary to university educational workshops and cool school talks for adults.
- Coastal Foundation for the Performing Arts: is committed to creating a future for jazz in the Lower Mainland and throughout the province. By donating to the Coastal Foundation for the Performing Arts you are creating a legacy of sustainable funding that will support the future of jazz and its related genres, nurturing emerging artists as they develop and grow their talent.
Coastal Jazz & Blues Society is a registered non-profit organization.
Charitable Registration Number 123403503RR0001