Supporting the Marketing, Media, and Programming Departments during year-round season and the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival. Reporting to the Marketing and Programming Departments.
Sept 2015 - June 17, 2016
Sept 2015 - Jan 15 2016: 10 hrs/week
Jan 15 2016 - March 30 2016 : 20-30 hours/week
April 1 2016 - June 17 2016: 10 hours/week
The Information Officer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Spearheading the RFI (request for information) process
• Request, manage, and modify artist information for confirmed artists contracted by CJBS for the year-round series and the 2016 TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival. Follow up with agents, artists, and managers to collect information required by the Media, Marketing, and Programming Departments, including:
Contact information (when applicable) for manager, road manager, publicity, recording company, merchandise, promotions, accountant
Lineup info (Band billing, band member names, billing order, instruments, country(s) of origin)
Download links and passwords if available
3rd party current links to music eg: iTunes, Spotify
Social Media links such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc
EPK (bio, concert & record reviews etc. in text format)
A 30sec promotional mp3 and 6 copies of CD and video material
High Resolution Photos (Variety of photos (300 dpi) include photography's name for photo credit if necessary
High Resolution Video and performance links to high definition concert footage if available
Funding body credits
Cultural agency support logos
• This position may require making editorial decisions on what photos or materials to include from a selection found on artist websites, if the artist or management does not supply specific files in response to the initial RFI. Ensure all photos have been cleared for use, and have appropriate photographer credits where possible.
• Effective management of all materials solicited through the RFI process, including entering all material into Filemarker, managing the RFI Grid, report in FM and forwarding bio material, CDs/Video to Media/ PR
• Regular communication with Programming department & Artist Logistics to stay on top of artist confirmations, scheduling, and changes in FileMaker.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Excellent organizational skills with key emphasis on details.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experienced with MS Office Suite a must and experience with Filemaker Pro is preferred.
Coastal Jazz & Blues Society / TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival
295 W 7th Ave, Vancouver BC, V5Y 1L9
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.