The next TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival is June 20 to July 1, 2014.
- International, USA, and Canadian based artists – September 30, 2013
- Metro Vancouver & BC artists – December 2, 2013
TOURING ARTIST INFORMATION
Due to the high volume of applications for our annual Jazz Festival we’ve had to make adjustments to our submission process. In order to save everyone time and money, the process for our touring artist program (ie. International & Cdn) is by “invitation only”.
For consideration - simply send us a short note to ask whether it’s worthwhile to send further submission information. This note can include a website link or mp3 to email@example.com. Unfortunately we cannot respond to every email so please don’t be surprised if we aren’t able get back to you. If we are interested, but need further information, you'll be contacted by email. Please don’t contact us by Facebook, Twitter or any other social media about festival submission issues.
(We still listen to CD’s on a real hi-fi system, so please send us a copy of your disc and a short note if you wish. However please ensure that you send an ONLINE submissions – that is how we build our yearly artist database).
As you can imagine we receive many more inquiries and submissions than we can program. From year to year, they’re dozens of incredible bands that we’re not able to host for any number of reasons. Please don’t take it personally if an immediate opportunity is not forthcoming.
Note: The above info is for International, USA, and Canadian based artists only.
Metro Vancouver & BC artists SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Help us be environmentally friendly and email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Contact details: Name & Contact Information: phone / fax / e-mail / web site / mailing address of contact person.
2. A brief synopsis of your music. A press clipping on pdf if available.
3. A list of all group members' names and instruments.
4. A link to your electronic press kit (EPK). (if applicable)
5. Any applicable GST/HST numbers.
6. MP3 / YouTube / Vimeo etc of your new material or the ones that best represent your sound if you don’t have a CD.
Published CD’s can be mailed or dropped off at our office. Please include your name and contact information along with the name of the band you are submitting under. Submitting hard copy & CD does not preclude the electronic submission.
Attn: Artist Submissions
Coastal Jazz & Blues Society
2nd floor, 295 West 7th Avenue
**Due to the high volume of applications to the festival, we are not able to give feedback or the status of applications. Only the successful applicants will be contacted.
Submission materials will not be returned.