The Coastal Foundation for the Performing Arts is committed to creating a future for jazz and its related genres, artists, and the performing arts generally in the Lower Mainland and throughout the province of British Columbia.
The Foundation has been established to support the longer-term goals of the Coastal Jazz and Blues Society, as well as creating an endowment that will allow for stable and secure funding for the organization, and the evolving needs of the performing arts community.
Its principal objectives
- To expand the Society beyond its well-known summer jazz festival to a full suite of year-round presentations and education programs
- To support organizations and artists aligned with the objectives and mission of the Society; including scholarship funds and community organizations with a mandate to further performing arts, composer and artist development, and general professional development
- To create an endowment fund for the future, enabling the Foundation to support emerging opportunities, and the evolving requirements of the performing arts community
- To assist the Society in diversifying its revenue in challenging economic times through ongoing annual support
The Coastal Foundation for the Performing Arts allows donors to create a stable fund for art and artists in British Columbia, while also providing longer-term stability for its parent Society. In an era of major changes in the industry, static public funding, and a challenging environment for corporate dollars and risk capital, establishing and growing the Foundation is critical to the Society’s responsibilities to the community, and to the unforeseen needs of the community the Foundation may address with its contributors beyond the Society itself.
You can be a part of this growth in stability, by becoming part of the long-term legacy of the Foundation. The Foundation welcomes gifts of cash, stock, securities, and other investments. Restricted fund opportunities are available within the Foundation for larger gifts, enabling the donor to create a legacy for themselves and their families.
The Foundation will work with you and your financial advisor to discuss your interests and personal tax planning needs and requirements, while also ensuring your wishes with regard to your gift are respected and treasured.
The Impact of your Investment
- Increased and sustainable education and outreach programs for youth and adults through workshops, free performances and master classes
- Creating artist, programming mentorship and composer in resident programs, focusing particularly on Canadian artists and performers
- Providing opportunities for pre-professional institutions (Capilano University, UBC and VCC) and high schools with active music programs to experience workshops, master classes and student performances with notable touring artists
- Enhanced community access to international artists, including emerging musicians and composers
- Opportunities to support community initiatives and organizations aligned with the Foundation and the Society’s mission, including but not limited to, the Moberley Big Band Festival, the Fraser Macpherson Scholarship Fund, Atira Woman’s Network and other emerging initiatives
Matching your Investment
The Department of Canadian Heritage, through the Endowment Incentives Program, offers the foundation a 100% matching funds opportunity annually. The Foundation has raised over $450,000 to date, and is now engaged in raising a further $50,000 in private and corporate support, when matched, will create a starting endowment of $1 million. Your generous contributions can help to increase this initial fund!
By donating to the Coastal Foundation for the Performing Arts you are creating a legacy of sustainable funding that will support the future of jazz and its related genres, nurturing emerging artists as they develop and grow their talent.
With your important investment, you are helping to build a foundation for the future of jazz, artists, and the performing arts throughout the Lower Mainland of BC and beyond.
For more information or to donate please contact:
Mike Forrester, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-449-4432
Fleur Cooper, Associate Director of Development, email@example.com or 604-449-5538.